Peggy
Keymaster

Lori, you’re right that kids and partners provide built-in interpersonal interactions, but I still struggle some to be social beyond that, even though I have both kids and husband. I tend toward the introversion side of the introvert-extrovert spectrum. I can overcome it, but it doesn’t come naturally. What I’d suggest to you is to make a practice of scheduling at least one get-together a week to connect with someone you normally wouldn’t otherwise, such your cousin’s wife. I imagine that practicing engagement over time would help you become more “social”. One thing that’s helped me a lot is to attend networking functions alone, requiring me to initiate conversations with strangers. It does get easier…

I’m going to try out

underlining

here to see if it’s your computer, not the program. 🙂 OK, I see what may be going on. In this text box, the forum automatically enters the HTML to make the things you want to do. When I post this, it should work.

Verdict: It’s the program, not your computer. Sorry about that. Let me try italic and bold and strikethrough.